human, all too human

Quote, Unquote:

She adds that their May-'80s-Goth-era romance has made her realize "just how cruel people can be. I've seen blogs where I've been called a slut, a whore, that say I should be condemned to death simply because I've fallen in love. Surely the fact that we are both prepared to go through all this proves just how important -- and real -- our love is, no?"

Maybe not, at least according to Von Teese, who points out to the London Observer that part of Manson's aforementioned video with Wood was shot at a location with which she's all too familiar.

"I never took him for someone who would exploit our divorce for the sake of records. I don't think people realize he used our marriage bed in that music video to have sex with that girl," the martini-glass-writhing burlesque queen tells the paper. "And he wore his wedding ring. I just thought, 'Wow, this is kind of obsessive. I guess I still matter.' "

Manson, she sighs, "wanted to change me. The things people like about you in the beginning end up being the things they don't like."

Not so coincidentally, Manson leveled a similar charge against Dita.

"I was married to someone who wanted me to change," he grumbled in April, "become more adult, more responsible. I began not to like myself, not like what I do. I lost my identity."

No comments: